It’s the 15th and time for our next segment of Scripture memory! Don’t you love God’s Word!
In Deuteronomy 30:11-16, Moses said to the Israelites:
Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.
See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
That is what I want for us! I want God’s Word to be in our mouths and our hearts! I want us to know it, to live by it and prosper! In order to do that, we are going to have to be intentional about studying the Word and meditating on it. And we are going to have to work on committing it to memory so God’s Truth is readily available when our enemy and the world comes against us with all manner of lies and deception.
So let’s do it! If you are already memorizing Scripture with us, don’t quit!!! If you are just discovering RENEW, join us! Click on ‘Scripture Memory Team Tutorial’ in the Labels section on the left side of the screen and view the videos. The Tutorial outlines our approach to Scripture memory here at RENEW.
If somehow you are still thinking that you can’t memorize Scripture…it is a lie! Yes you can!! I want to share with you what Jan said on our last post:
“I wanted to encourage everyone to keep on memorizing!! It has been such an anchor to my soul to be working on His word everyday. "Minutes a day, minutes a day" as Karessa says. I have had success with this because it is a joy and not a pressure in my life. I find myself reciting my verses at all times of the day (and night). The Lord just quickens His word to my heart. Keep working - it is such an encouragement to see all your postings and know that you are being blessed through His truth.”
Amen Jan! We need this. I need this. I cannot make it through the day without God and His Word to speak to me, guide me, comfort me, you name it!
If you are in Daniel with us, you know that we have talked about the fact that the coming judgment of believers will involve rewards and loss of rewards. I confess to you that lately, when I am not walking in the Spirit but rather in the flesh, I have some areas in my life that God has called me to and we have been working on where I just want to quit! I want to throw in the towel! I want to take a trip to Sam’s and buy 3 or 4 TV shows in a box and spend the rest of my life on the couch! Because I want God’s Truth to rule in my life that I might live by it and prosper, this is what I am working on…
So do not throw away your confidence, it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.
Hebrews 10:35-36 NIV
Make it so LORD!
Okay, your turn. But hang with me for a minute. I know this is a long post, but it’s almost done. I love giveaways! If you’ve been here at RENEW for awhile you know that we have had giveaways in the past and yesterday I was thinking it was time for another one.
This time there will be 2 giveaway items:
1) A registration fee to the Winter/Spring 2010 PCS Bible study Breaking Free (includes member book). Click on ‘Bible Study’ in the horizontal navigation bar for details.
2) Breaking Free Day by Day: A Year of Walking in Liberty. This little treasure takes the trade book which Beth’s Breaking Free study is based on and breaks it into a convenient day-by-day reading format.
From now until January 15, each time you participate in the Scripture Memory Team by posting your Scripture to RENEW on the 1st and 15th of the month, your name will go into the giveaway drawings. If you want to enter the drawings for both items, just post your Scripture as usual. If you only want to be entered in the drawing for one item, please note such in your comment (for instance, if you are unable to join us for the Bible study, please note that and your name will be entered in only the Day by Day drawing). The drawing will be done and announced at the end of January. As in the past, if you have already signed up and paid for the Bible study and you win the Bible study registration, your fee will be refunded to you.
Let’s hear it ladies! For questions about how to leave a comment, click on ‘Help With Comments’ in the Labels section at the left side of the screen. Bless God's heart by posting your Scripture and committing it to memory!
Love in Christ,
Karessa
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Beth H.
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4 NIV
Hebrews 12:1, 2
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Kathryn
Colossians 4:6 Amplified Bible
Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned (as it were) with salt, (so that you may never be at a loss) to know how you ought to answer anyone (who puts a question to you).
1 Thess. 5:16-18 NKJV
Rejoice always, pray without
ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.
NIV Isaiah 12:4
Angie H.
1 Peter 2:17 NIV
Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the King.
1 Peter 5:6&7
"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
Lamentations 3:22-24 NKJV
Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I hope in Him!"
Jan
I will re-post this verse, as I have not memorized it yet.
1 Peter 5:6&7 "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
KJV
Post a Comment