Friday, February 19, 2010

Your Turn

It's 6pm on Friday evening and I am already in my pajamas and on the sofa with my laptop. This cold is wearing me down.

I can't stop thinking about all of you Breaking Free ladies (I'm trusting that by the time this study is over I'll just be referring to all of us as Free ladies...Amen!). I truly hope that you all know how very much I enjoy being with you! Wednesdays and Fridays are my favorite days of the week! I consider it a privilege to be your facilitator and to pray with you and for you. I think you are all some of the smartest and most godly women I know. You certainly challenge me to press on toward all God has for me. I thank Him for that. As iron sharpens iron, may we sharpen one another in our walk with Christ (Proverbs 27:17).

Since we ran long today on the "social" aspect of gathering together...yes, I know it was my fault...the truth is I really do wish that we had time to just sit and chat and have a cup of coffee. I confess that much of my social life is also intertwined with Bible study. Well, let's face it...you're all so very neat that I just want to talk to you. That was no joke if you think it was. On Wednesdays, I have Jennifer who keeps me on time. Thank you Jennifer! She is not afraid to tell me when it is time to start and when it is time to stop. I love that. I need someone to do that for me on Friday. If that's you, speak up. I need someone to keep me accountable with the limited time we have. I would appreciate it.

Because we ran short on discussion time, I flew through my homework outline today and also did not leave you much opportunity to comment. If you have something that God has been speaking to you about all week, I would love to hear it! And I'm sure the other ladies would too. If God sent you to Bible study with a word for us, we don't want to miss it! So this post is for both the Wednesday and Friday ladies...if there is a comment you would like to make regarding the homework thus far, please comment here on this post. And please, oh please, do not think that your comment is stupid or that no one would care (that's a lie straight from the enemy!). The comment you leave, no matter how simple, could be the very thing that is profound to someone else. Remember that your comment will not immediately appear. I post them after review.

I so love taking this journey with you.

Blessings,
Karessa

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

Ok, so when it comes to computers, blogs, facebook, etc i am not the brightest bulb in the box. Karessa, I do not see the message you said you posted in your second e-mail.

I read something this week I thought was very telling.
"If you have a very busy schedule today, it's OK to skip your Bible devotion time".
signed, Satan

How many times have we experienced that? The next time I have the thought to "skip just one day", I will remember who would love to see that. As we said today, time in the Word is the key!

RENEW said...

Cyndi...what a good word that is...and one I am going to remember...in fact, I'm going to write that one down. Thank you for sharing!

If you are on the email blast, you would have gotten the post emailed to you as well. There is only one post to you today.

Be Blessed,
Karessa

Cyndi said...

Just a quick FYI....

I saw Beth Moore's book "So long insecurity" (i hope I typed that title correct).Anyway, her latest book, on Christianbook.com for $12.99