Saturday, March 27, 2010

King's Kids Update

A happy Saturday morning to my favorite Bible study ladies on the planet! I love you all so much and cannot tell you how much I look forward to Wednesday and Friday and the opportunity to be together.

Following is an excerpt from an email that I received from Lori regarding the money we raised for King's Kids at the South Side Mission. I'll let her tell you below...but can I say WELL DONE!

Lori said...

"WOW!!! ....This morning when I woke up, it felt like Christmas morning! I felt such anticipation - as I've been praying for the amazing generosity of our Renew sisters!!! Okay, I admit....I've been praying with "kavanah"....which in Hebrew means intention or direction! I've been reading this book, "Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus"- How the Jewishness of Jesus Can Transform Your Faith. One of the things I've come to understand is what kavanah can do to my prayers.

Kavanah conveys the idea of being profoundly aware of the One to whom you are speaking - praying with intention that you are fully aware of His answer. I just knew every time I thought and prayed about the children at King's Kids and their needs, that our donations would cover the new car seats! I've even shared with a few folks what was happening on the behalf of King's Kids because I was just so sure of how God would deliver!!!

I got home from our Bible study this morning and just had tears in my eyes as I counted the money and added up the checks!!! Karessa, our sisters have donated close to $1200!!! Isn't that just amazing??? I know there are a few other donations outstanding - but if we can all pray with "kavanah" that my contact at Wal-Mart will come through with a discount for the car seats, we will be able to cover the entire cost!!!

Karessa, the book I'm reading also goes on to say...."Kavanah goes beyond prayer too. The rabbis say that we should have kavanah in four activites: prayer, studying the scripture, performing acts of loving kindness, and doing our life's work. Ideally, each should be done with a profound awareness of the fact that God is present, desiring to speak and work through us at every moment."

....I am so blessed to be learning and studying with a group of women so profoundly aware of God's presence!!!!"

Did you not love what Lori shared from the book she's reading?!? (I believe I may need to put that on my reading list!) And oh yes! God is present! Right now! Right where each of us are! Know that your donation blessed His heart...hear the Master say "Well done my good and faithful servant".

Please continue to pray for favor on the car seat pricing. For those of you who have asked if donations still can be made...YES, YES! Please bring them to the next class (4/7 or 4/9). Let's ask God and believe that with the favor of a discount and any remaining contributions to come the children at King's Kids will soon have all their car seats!

You are loved.

Karessa

No comments: