Thursday, April 1, 2010

Scripture Memory Team - Spring '10 - Verse 4

Generally, I don't like change. How does the saying go...nothing stays the same but change? Isn't that true. But praise God that it is or we would never have the opportunity to be different in the power of the Holy Spirit and by the grace of God. In an ever changing world, I am grateful that our God is the one thing that is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Speaking of change...as you can see, Renew has experienced a bit of a makeover. I'm still getting used to it. It "pops" at me every time I call it up!

I am in a bit of a time crunch this morning. My family and I are heading to one of my favorite places on the face of the earth...Franklin, TN. Thanks to Denny's job and the providence of God I've had the opportunity to live in and visit a lot of places; but Franklin still tops the charts. As we approach the city and I see the first glimpse of the skyline of Nashville, somewhere inside me it always feels a little bit like coming home...though that's not where I'm originally from. Denny loves it just as much as I do...maybe even more. Both of our boys were born there. If you ask them where they are from, they will tell you Nashville. It makes me laugh because at this point they have lived most of their lives in Peoria.

It is April 1 (no fooling!) and time for our next Scripture memory post. I will be working on the Scripture that we are memorizing together for Breaking Free:

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.

Isaiah 64:4 NIV

Okay, your turn! Remember that this is the last post that will enter your name in the Giveaway drawing. Scroll down for details.

Have a blessed and very happy Easter! He lives ladies! He lives! And because of that fact, so can we. Praise Jesus.

With Love,
Karessa

**The Giveaway!**

There are 2 giveaway items:

1) A ticket to see Beth Moore live via satellite at Riverside Community Church, Peoria, on Saturday, April 24. This is her 2010 simulcast event based on her new book So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us. Continental breakfast and registration begin at 8am and the live simulcast begins at 9am and ends at 3pm.

2) So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us. This is Beth Moore's latest trade book release and was graciously donated to Renew by Missy Eversole. Thank you Missy!

From February 15 until April 1, each time you participate in the Scripture Memory Team by posting your Scripture to Renew on the 1st and 15th of the month, your name will go into the giveaway drawings. And yes, it is okay if you post a day or two late. If you want to be entered for both items, just post your Scripture as usual. If you only want to be entered in the drawing for one item, please note such in your comment (for instance, if you are unable to attend the simulcast event on April 24, please note that and your name will be entered in only the trade book drawing). The drawing will be done and announced on Saturday, April 10.

13 comments:

Jeanne H. said...

Isaiah 64:4
"Since ancient times no one has heard,no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him." NIV

Unknown said...

Isaiah 64:4 NIV
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.

Anonymous said...

Phil. 3:10
"[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him-that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding [the wonders of His Person] more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers]; and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in Spirit into His likeness even] to His death."
Phil. 3:10 Amplified Version

A bit wordy, I know, but good.

Unknown said...

Isaiah 64:4 NIV

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Laura L. said...

Isaiah 64:4 NIV
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.

Michelle L. said...

Isaiah 64:4 NIV
"Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him."

Sarah said...

Isaiah 64:4 NIV

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.

Sarah B

Anonymous said...

Since ancient times no one hasheard, no ear has perceive, no eye has seen any God besides You,who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.
Isaiah 64:4

Missy said...

"Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him."

Isaiah 64:4 NIV

Missy

Kim Z said...

Isaiah 64:4 NIV

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Cyndi said...

Acts4:12 NIV

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Acts 4:12

Unknown said...

Psalm 143:8 (NKJV)
Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You.

Jan P.

Unknown said...

Leviticus 25:17

Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the Lord your God.

Tanner H