Thursday, April 15, 2010

Scripture Memory Team - Spring '10 - Verse 5

Grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:2)!

It is April 15th and not only is it tax day (did someone just say "ugh"...oh, that was me!) but it is also time for our next segment of Scripture memory! Don’t you love God’s Word!

In Deuteronomy 30:11-16, Moses said to the Israelites:

Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

That is what I want for us! I want God’s Word to be in our mouths and our hearts! I want us to know it, to live by it and prosper! In order to do that, we are going to have to be intentional about studying the Word and meditating on it. And we are going to have to work on committing it to memory so God’s Truth is readily available when our enemy and the world comes against us with all manner of lies and deception.

The Breaking Free Bible study has only solidified in my mind and heart that God has hand crafted an individual plan and purpose for each one of us. A plan and purpose that weaves beautifully into His master plan for His eternal kingdom and for the church in this life. I ran across these verses in my study time and they are my Scripture memory for this segment:

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands.

Psalm 138:7-8 NIV

Your turn! If you are already memorizing Scripture with us, don’t quit!!! This is one of our last 2 posts for the Spring '10 Spring Memory Team. We will take a break this summer and the Scripture Memory Team will resume in the fall.

Be Blessed,
Karessa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 46:9
"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me."
NIV

Anonymous said...

The Isaiah 46:9 post was from
J. Huling

Jeanne H. said...

try this again, this screen looks familiar, oh, well.

Isaiah 46:9 NIV
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

RENEW said...

I love you Jeanne!

Laura L. said...

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Unknown said...

Psalm 107:8&9 NKJV

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for his goodness,and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.
Debbie S.

Jan said...

Psalm 145:8-9 (NKJV)
The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.

Jan P.

Unknown said...

2 Tim. 4:2 NIV
Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

Sarah said...

2 Timothy 1:7 NIV

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Missy said...

Matt 25:21

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

MissyE

Tanner said...

1 Peter 2:17 NIV
Show proper respect to everyone:
Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

Tanner H.

Michelle L said...

Colossians 4:5&6 (NIV)
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

Michelle L

Kim Z said...

Sorry... I'm being slow with this one. I'll have it by next week :-)

Isaiah 64:4 NIV
Since ancient times no one has heard,
no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.