It seems nearly impossible that we have reached our final Scripture memory post for the Spring ’10 Scripture Memory Team {sigh}. For those of you who have participated whether online or through memorization in class, I pray that you have found freedom in Christ through the memorization and application of His Word. It holds supernatural power and when applied to lies that hold us captive, such lies cannot stand!
The Scripture Memory Team will be taking a break for the summer and the Fall ’10 Team will begin in September. I’m already looking forward to it! And listen…if you have gotten so accustomed to memorizing new Scripture every 1st and 15th of the month, you keep going on your own throughout the summer. Keep filling up that Scripture memory spiral!
On May 15, I will announce the awards for those of you who persevered through all 6 Scripture memory post opportunities during the Spring ’10 team. Remember that this is for those of you who not only memorized Scripture but also posted it to Renew as your center of accountability. I know that the joy and benefits that come from memorizing Scripture are their own reward; but it is my pleasure and privilege to recognize you as well.
On to the posting of our Scripture segments…
I’ll be memorizing 3 Scriptures this time. Not because I want to end the Spring team with a “bang” but because 2 of the Scriptures will be review for me. We should all periodically review our previous memory verses; but I will be reviewing these daily to be sure they are solidified in my heart and mind.
I will confess that the first one is the same as our April 15 post. Let me just be honest with you and say that life had gotten far too busy and I just don’t have this Scripture down as well as I would like to. So I am going to keep working on it daily for the next 2 weeks:
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands.
Psalm 138:7-8 NIV
My second segment is the verse that we are memorizing as a class during the last 3 weeks of Breaking Free. I so love that we are memorizing Scripture together. For those of you who are not in class with us, I have selected Scripture segments that are key to our journey to living free in Christ. Each segment of Scripture is the memory verse for 3 weeks of classes. We work on them on our own throughout the 3 weeks and then we practice them together. One of my favorite parts of the class! I believe that it blesses God’s heart as well. This verse was some of my memory work from last year and is review for now…nothing wrong with that!
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3 NIV
And my new Scripture...
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.
Psalm 119:76 NIV
It is my joy to serve you.
With Love,
Karessa
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Isaiah 26:3 NIV
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Michelle L.
Isaiah 26:3 NIV
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Debbie S.
Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
MissyE
Psalm 62: 6-8 (NKJV)
He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.
Jan P.
Isaiah 26:3 NIV
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Sarah B.
Isaiah 26:3 NIV
You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
Proverbs 15:1 NKJV
A soft answer turns away wrath
But a harsh word stirs up anger
Tanner H.
Post a Comment