Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Potter's Love

Good morning ladies!

The Wednesday Bible study class requested that I post the following poem. It is so beautifully written by our very own Kathryn Nielson who has already had some of her writings published. Kathryn wrote this poem during her journey with us through Breaking Free.

The Potter's Love

I know what I’m asking.
It scares me to death,
But scarier still
Is a life that is left
Complacent, unchanged
Lukewarm at best,
Loving God one day,
Not caring the next.
So take me and mold me
As a potter with clay,
Shaping me, forming me
In Your unique way.
The pain and the time
It takes to change me
Remade in Your image
A sweet offering
I pray will bring
Nothing but glory to You
Redemption in action
Your work showing through.
Then a daughter of Jesus
I’ll stand on display
As proof of the Potter’s
Love for the clay.

Amen.

No comments: