Those of you who were in the Daniel Bible study know that I have been on Beth's Scripture Memory Team during 2009. This past weekend she invited those of us who completed the year on the team to join her at her home church in Houston for a weekend of celebration. And a celebration it was! There were 507 of us. Of course, meeting Beth was a delight but I must tell you that I met some of the neatest women this weekend. I went not knowing quite what to expect and fully prepared to spend the weekend somewhat by myself within a group of women. I so love when God surprises me! My heart hurt a little as I said good bye to the ladies in the picture above. I spent nearly every waking minute with them this weekend and loved every minute of it! From the left is Kathy, Beth (you all know her!), Sue, Jody and Alexa. Sarah is in the front with me. What wonderful women of the Word they are...I love you guys!
There was a pink boa theme this weekend but pink is not my color...darling on them though! Brace yourself because the next few pictures were taken by me. I am a horrible photographer and a have an old camera which just adds insult to injury. When I charged the battery to take it and turned it on, the last picture taken was 2 years ago. That's not good. I don't really know how to crop or zoom for that matter. I hope Kathy shares all of her pictures at some point. She took pictures everywhere...the hotel, the restaurant...and I bet they are good! Mine are not but you will get the idea...
Before I go any further I have to tell you that I landed in Houston at 11:30am on Friday and it was high 70's and sunny! Gorgeous! Coming from Peoria, IL this time of year...thank you LORD!
The event was held in what we later found out was Beth's old Sunday School room. She taught Sunday School for 25 years. Her daughters Amanda and Melissa hosted the event with her (oh, you can't see Melissa...she's behind Beth). They were so very gracious and sweet!
Oh you knew Beth would wear her boa!
Travis Cottrell, Beth's worship leader for her Living Proof Live events, led us in worship on Friday and Saturday along with some of the Houston based worship team and the "ipod band" as Travis called it.
Beth taught on the servant life from Psalm 119 and ended Friday evening by serving us all her famous Texas sheet cake (her recipe, I believe baked by the church chef). And you know Beth had a coffee bar! The Living Proof staff served us the cake and Beth and her daughters mingled with us in the foyer. I cannot say enough about her staff...lovely women!!
On Saturday morning, they served us breakfast tacos...never have had one...YUM! Beth continued teaching on Psalm 119. I loved the fact that because of the size of the venue, she used a white board to teach.
The final hour on Saturday was spent with a Q&A session with Beth and her daughters and some prizes. I won a $25 gift certificate to Living Proof Ministries (which you know I can put to good use for Bible study!). I debated whether to post this last picture. It's a little blurry...an action shot really. I think Kathy would agree that I need to get a new camera! She tried hard to get a good picture with it and couldn't get it to take until I was walking away. Beth gave me my gift certificate, hugged me and told me I was darlin'. My 12 year old son told me that all southern women tell each other that they are darlin! Maybe so...but I don't care...I'm gonna receive it!
Amanda (Beth's daughter) posted a great summary of the event on the LPM Blog. Click here to read it.
Thanks for letting me share the weekend with you.
Blessings,
Karessa




2 comments:
Karessa,
Thank you for sharing the narrative and photos. It's evident that the weekend was a blast and that you made connections with other sisters in Christ. You worked so hard memorizing all those scriptures. Keep us motivated! I desire to retain and learn more this year.
You are Blessed! Angie
Hey friend! I'm so glad to have found your blog and read about our weekend! What fun that was! I can't believe its been over a month ago! I hope you are doing well and stayin' warm. I have to say, for NC, its been cold down here! (Probably a heat wave to you.) Give me a shout, when you have a sec and let me know how you are doing!
~Jody
Post a Comment