Friday, January 15, 2010

Scripture Memory Team - Verse 9 and Last Chance for a Giveaway!

Today I am off to take Hunter to the ACSI Spelling Bee in Rockford, IL. While I am not necessarily looking forward to the 5 hour round trip drive, I do so love to be driving while the sun is coming up! Pray for safe travels for us today, if you would.

In my head, I am long on words; but in my reality, I am short on time and am going to have to get right to it...did you just say "Praise the Lord"?? Here's my memory verse for this time around:

The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

Psalm 16:6 ESV

I would love to share with you the reason I am memorizing this verse...and at some point, I will. Until then, it is your turn! If it is your first time visiting RENEW, click here for our basic approach to Scripture memory. I have included Giveaway details below.

Be Blessed,
Karessa



**The Giveaway!**

There will be 2 giveaway items:

1) A registration fee to the Winter/Spring 2010 PCS Bible study Breaking Free (includes member book). Click here for details.

2) Breaking Free Day by Day: A Year of Walking in Liberty. This little treasure takes the trade book which Beth Moore’s Breaking Free study is based on and breaks it into a convenient day-by-day reading format.

From November 15 until January 15, each time you participate in the Scripture Memory Team by posting your Scripture to RENEW on the 1st and 15th of the month, your name will go into the giveaway drawings. If you want to be entered for both items, just post your Scripture as usual. If you only want to be entered in the drawing for one item, please note such in your comment (for instance, if you are unable to join us for the Bible study, please note that and your name will be entered in only the Day by Day drawing). The drawing will be done and announced at the end of January. As in the past, if you have already signed up and paid for the Bible study and you win the registration fee, it will be refunded to you.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Isaiah 43:1-3 (NKJV)
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name: You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;..."
Thank you, Jesus.

Cyndi said...

NIV Isaiah 12:4

Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.

Jeanne H. said...

Psalm 28:7 (amplified version)
"The Lord is my Strength and my (impenetrable) shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him."

Carrie said...

1 Peter 1:22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.

Unknown said...

Heb. 11:6 NIV
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Anonymous said...

Galatians 3:19-22
19Why, then, was the law given? It was given along side the promise (to Abraham) to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people. 20Now a mediator is helpful if more than one party must reach an agreement. But God, who is one, did not use a mediator when he gave his promise to Abraham. 21Is there a conflict, then, between God's law and God's promises? Absolutely not! If the law could give us new life, we could be made right with God by obeying it. 22But the Scriptures declare that we are all prisoners of sin, so we receive God's promise of freedom only by believing in Jesus Christ.

Kim Z said...

Ps 145:17-20a NKJ

The LORD is righteous in all His ways,gracious in all His works.
The LORD is near to all who call upon Him,To all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him
He also will hear their cry and save them.
The LORD preserves all who love Him

Anonymous said...

blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.
Jeremiah 17:7